Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Orzo Pasta Salad


Ok so I haven't made this one before I've only eaten it! I got the recipe from my aunt, Erin, who is a VERY good cook! This is so good I could eat all of this by myself! Thanks Erin!

1 box orzo pasta cooked according to package directions.
diced up bell peppers (I usually use one red, one orange and one yellow)
Diced up carrots
diced purple onion
crumbled feta cheese
toasted pine nuts
chopped fresh basil


Dressing:


Juice on one or two lemons
1/2 cup olive oil
pepper
garlic salt


Mix above ingredients together and toss with dressing


*all of the ingredients are estimates. You can add as little or as much of any ingredient. I just keep tasting until I think its right. Some lemons are not juicy so you need more. I usually add the feta, pine nuts, and basil very last.

No comments: