Thursday, June 12, 2008

Buttermilk Pie

My aunt gave me this recipe and said she kind of combined 2 and got this one. So the directions aren't exactly specific but if I can make it and have it turn out, then I'm sure you all will do just fine with it.

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened at room temp.
1/3-1/2 cup flour depending on how eggy you like it. More flour, a little less eggy.
1/4 ts. salt
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 ts. vanilla (I put a little more because I love vanilla so much)
1 Tb. fresh lemon juice

This recipe is enough to fill one deep dish pie crust (frozen), but doesn't quite fill 2 regular pie crusts, so if doing 2, double the recipe.

In large bowl cream sugar and butter. Beat in flour and salt. Blend in eggs. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon juice and pour into pie shells.

Put in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes
Then lower temp. to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until set.

1 comment:

X-Tine said...

Thanks for posting this Adair! Now I can try my hand at this yummy, yummy pie!